Specialized Gear for Isle of Man TT 2019
International Isle of Man Tourist trophy or sometimes simply called by short name, Tourist Trophy or the abbreviation TT, IOM TT is the series of motorcycle racing events. The race championship has been organized almost every year since the beginning of it in 1907. The first race began on May 28th, 1907. Since then the period of competition has been from May to June. In the beginning, the race was called International Auto-Cycle Tourist Trophy, and the track length was 15 miles and 1470 yards with motorcycles having exhaust silencers, saddles, pedals, and mudguards. It changed later in 1911 transformed into an extremely long distance of 37.40 miles and remains to the date.
The TT Racing Championship was organized most of the year since the start, yet it faced a couple of hiatuses as well, based on the unfortunate events of Global Wars. Amid the time of the First World War, the Tourist Trophy races discontinued from 1915 to 1919 and resumed again in 1920. There was again no races during the time of World War II from 1940 to 1945.
Isle of Man TT 2019
IOM TT 2019 will see the return to the Mountain Course of the 2018 record breakers: Dean Harrison and Peter Hickman. In perfect conditions they pushed the lap record to over 134mph and finally to 135.452mph – making the Isle of Man TT the fastest road race on the planet. Can they go faster in 2019? Can John McGuinness, Michael Dunlop or Ian Hutchinson handle their pace? With the countdown underway, the answers draw closer!
Events and Schedule IOM TT 2019
Saturday 25 May – Friday 7 June 2019
Qualifying runs each evening from Saturday 25th May to Friday 31st May 2019 (Excluding Sunday 26th),
Travel and Stay
Have your own front door, right on the doorstep of the paddock IOMTT Village is the very latest in pop-up hotel style accommodation, new for TT 2019. Find different packages for Ferry, Accommodation, Tickets, Events and Tours
The official Isle of Man Government website, where you can find all the information and detail about the local Serving Manx Residents, Visitors and Business on the Island
A wonderful place of beauty and history which lies in the Irish Sea between the United Kingdom and Ireland. Every year thousands of motorcyclists flock to the Isle of Man to experience the excitement of high speed motorcycle race on public roads.
Across shadowed waters lies a hidden Island. A place where tradition is buried within extraordinary stories, passed from generation to generation and secrets sweep the hilltops and villages, ready to unfold.
Blue Riband 500cc Senior TT races
The original program was developed with a single race having two classes for the 1907 season. It expanded to two different runs that included 300cc Junior TT, and the other was for 500cc Senior TT races called Blue Riband event. After the First World War, a 250cc Lightweight TT race was also added in 1923. For seven years, from 1949 to 1976, Tourist Trophy became to part of FIM’s Grand Prix World Championship which for instance is also called MotoGP. Tourist Trophy was the British section of MotoGP in that time.
The Isle of Man championship takes place on the public roads whereas roads are closed to the public transport by the parliament of Isle of Man that goes by the name Act of Tynwald. The event consists of one week of racing preceded by one week of practice. Following the tradition that probably started in the early 1920s, spectators tour the Snaefell Mountain Course riding motorcycles on an event on the Sunday between the Practice Week and the Race Week, the day or the event is called Mad Sunday.
Most dangerous motorcycle racing track
The track for the Isle of Man has been the most dangerous motorcycle racing track ever. The death toll during the races of Tourist Trophy has reached 250. However, the danger is always there, and it never stopped racers and enthusiasts to take part and show the limits of their speeds.
It would be best if you had Savitar Pro TT suit for it to keep you safe and comfortable at the same time.
Why Savitar Pro TT?
Performing on the Isle of Man TT, Savitar Pro TT race suit is the apparel with enhanced safety modifications. It comes with TPU co-injected molded reinforced titanium, and level 2 adjustable protection. Made of strong Kangaroo, Monaco Treated leather. It is the best you can have for soft and comfortable riding environment and maximum dexterity.
Savitar Pro TT has pre-curved structure and meticulously elasticated leather for a right racing position. It proffers a perfect fit, and easy mobility — localized micro perforation for the ventilation and maximum performance during your ride.
Savitar Pro TT Customization Features
- Vast range of colors to match with your riding team.
- Custom Size (Made to Measure) for the best race fitting or standard size that fits you.
- Options for Hump: Standard, Ventilated, and Hydro aerodynamic hump.
- Control the temperature with Perforation on chest, front and full body.
- Leg overboot “boot out.”
- Removable Mesh Lining.
- Cable or Hose Pass-Through hump
- Cable or Hose Pass-Through Wrist Cuff
- Extra Knee Slider
- Put personalized and sponsored logos on your custom suit.
- Imprints of your name and number in the way you want.
- Personalized rider nameplate on inside of suit
- Add value to your outfit with the matching gear
Savitar Pro TT Safety Features
- Main seams are double and triple stitched for the maximum safety with highly strong bonded nylon thread.
- TPU reinforced Titanium armor on the shoulders and knees.
- CE certified to EN 1621.1 Standard Composite Dual Compound protectors
- CE type A certified Interchangeable knee sliders
- CE approved thigh and back protectors of level two
- Air vented seat with a double layer
- Soft padding on critical body parts for impact absorption
- Original semi-auto lock YKK zippers for safety closure
Savitar Pro TT Comfort & Dexterity Features
- Neoprene for the rear of the neck
- Back of collar with 3D air vent panel
- Aerodynamic race hump with a technical engineered design
- 3M Air mesh comfort cuffs
- Detachable, breathable, washable and evaporative interior liner
- Stretch lining panel of polyester lycra
Savitar Pro TT Design and Style Features
- Perfect fitting for professional racing
- Pre-curved structure to provide complete mobility throughout the race
- Handcrafted air vent panels in the skin
- Screen printed textures and graphics to make the suit eye-catching.
Savitar Pro TT Matching Gears
With Savitar Pro TT, you don’t have to make the extra effort of visiting the market to get the gears. You order matching boots and gloves with your suit and have them delivered at your doorstep.
- Full-grain leather construction is providing for abrasion and tear resistance.
- Having an exhaust port to providing ventilation within rubber protection.
- TPU sliders on the palm, thumbs, and fingers mounted on poly-foam for impact and abrasion resistance.
- Palms and fingers pre-curved design for perfect grip and dexterity.
- Integrated flexible protective knuckles offer discreet protection.
- Velcro cuff wrist closure to eliminate the risk of removal in case of drag.
- Safety stitched.
- With the protection and durability of full grain leather.
- Safety armor as TPU molded guards on ankle, heel, and shin for impact protection and shift plate on the ankle.
- Air ventilation.
- Reinforced sole to minimize the chance of injury.
- Oil, and petrol resistant with a unique high grip sole.